Many times once we get that ring on our fingers the last thing we want to hear is BUDGET! However, this word BUDGET is actually going to help keep your eye on the prize and get you to your special day without spending a fortune! We all know how expensive all the unique and special details can cost! Let’s break it down with some simple tips to make sure you don’t too far out of your budget.
- Scheduling Options
- When choosing your venue and date and time, think about choosing an off season month or even instead of a Saturday evening, try a Friday night or a Saturday around brunch. It may also be good to think about a 3-5hr event instead of a 5hr or more event.
- Consider choosing local students or perhaps your local University has students that just graduated! This may be just what you are looking for and usually at a lower cost then a 12 piece string quartet!
- Stationary, Invites, Save the Dates
- Make sure to look at all of your options with stationary. Sometimes this can end up costing ton of money where if you chose a simple paper design, you will be able to get the same effect just at a lower cost. Online RSVP’s are also an option too that more companies are starting to take advantage of!
- When choosing flowers for your event, it certainly can be very overwhelming. If you are able to choose flowers that are in season it will help to reduce your costs. As well as sticking to 1 or 2 types of flowers as opposed to 6 or 7 that you would like in your bouquet! FYI-Peonies are five times more than roses! (I know, we were shocked too!)
- Food and Drink!
- A few things to keep in mind are to try and limit the full bar to just wine, beer, and a signature cocktail! Also explore food options, if you were to go for comfort food, your guests will love it and it will be cheaper! Also skip the champagne toast!
- Who wants Cake?!
- Cake, yes, cake. If you are dying to have a beautiful cake, you can order a 1 or 2 tier cake to be able to cut and cute photo ops and then have a large sheet cake in the bake for everyone else! Simple is better, especially with add ons for your cake. Also reuse ceremony flowers for the cake table! No one will know the difference!
- Last, but certainly not least think about the big picture! You want to enjoy your special day, party it up and remember that everything always works out even if you have a BUDGET! This graphic comes from Personal Capital via http://www.personalcapital.com and has some very interesting facts about just how much a wedding can cost these days! A budget can certainly come in handy when you see some of these numbers!
As always we are always hear to help! Whether it is making flower decisions, venue stresses, or you need another opinion on what band or DJ to pick! Enjoy the planning process! Any other tips or things you have found helpful? Let us know!
Until next time,
Your Team at A & F
Heidi, Dee dee & Meg
Tips come from Forbes, The Knot & Personal Capital