Got the ring. Now what? Where to begin. Let us help! Keep these tips in mind whether you are just starting the wedding planning process, hitting a rough patch deciding on a venue or working on the finishing touches! We promise these should make it a little easier!
- Get organized!
- Keep a binder with all emails, notes, and important dates for your special day! There are many apps that can help to keep you focused and keep your eye on the prize! Depending on the size of your event, keep Eventbrite in mind! They are a great resource for being able to organize your event and keep track of your guest list right on your phone! Check out their website and tips here: https://www.eventbrite.com/how-it-works/ and the event planning and management page is also very helpful! https://www.eventbrite.com/l/event-management-software/
- One Step at a Time!
- Take your time making your decisions and think about them logically and make sure you and your partner are in agreement! You will want to make sure you find a space before you book a band, and don’t hire any vendors before you set a date!
- When you are working on your budget, decide what are your must haves and what you are willing to let go of or maybe do a little less of. If you are dying for a fabulous designer wedding gown maybe decide what you would be able to cut back on! It can all work out, just takes a little time!
- Keep it Honest!
- When you are choosing a wedding dress make sure to bring your squad that is going to be honest and really help you out! It can be a lot of white which can be quite overwhelming!
- Keep a handle on the number of guests!
- Make sure that you are aware of how many guests you are going to have to ensure that the space is big enough! Keep in mind, dance floor, tables, waiters, and the band!
- Keep Mother Nature in Mind!
- You want everyone to be able to have the best time at your wedding! Keep in mind to not book your wedding during the hottest time of the year or the coldest! Also keep in mind if it is outdoors that you are prepared to keep all the bugs away! (As much as possible!)
- Earn a little something!
- Keep in mind if you can keep all wedding expenses to one credit card you may be able to earn some miles or fun rewards while you do it! Check into this before making any large purchases, it may have a great return in the end!
Lastly, enjoy it all! It may get stressful at times but this is such an amazing time that will be totally 100% worth it in the end! As always we are always here to help! No matter if you are just getting started or right in the thick of it! We can guide you through to make some of those hard decisions a little easier!
Until next time,
Your Team at A&F
Heidi, Dee dee & Meg